The SLASCONE API follows the OpenAPI (3.0) specification, is HTTPS only, built using REST principles, following all state of the art best practices for API security.
All SLASCONE functions are invokable through the API, allowing a seamless integration with other back-office systems such as CRM/ERP etc.
You can easily test the API using our official API Test Center.
No SLASCONE software components need to be distributed with your software, nor do you need any SLASCONE client libraries in your code. You just need to establish an https connection to the API.
However, for .NET integrations, we do provide a NuGet package.
In order to authenticate (regardless if you are testing the API using our Test Center or from your source code), you need to use an apiKey.
There are three apiKeys available (both can be found in the Info area of SLASCONE):
- The Provisioning apiKey (ProvisioningKey). This apiKey enables you to call all methods needed for licensing and analytics scenarios. In other words, this is the key to be embedded in your software. This key authorizes the following API controllers:
- The Administration apiKey (AdminKey). This apiKey enables you to call ALL SLASCONE methods. This is meant for testing or administration purposes only. It is not recommended embedding this key in your software.
- The Customerportal apiKey (Customerportal). This apiKey enables you to call to call all methods needed if you integrate Customer Portal functionality in a custom portal or website.
SLASCONE uses the HMACSHA256 algorithm in order to simultaneously verify both the data integrity and the authenticity, of every API response. This process is described here.
You can easily generate clients in your programming language using the online swagger editor. Select file, import URL and type in:
Next select Generate client and choose the language of your choice. The end result is a zip file you can download with the generated client code.
Of course, there are many other tools generating clients based on an Open API specification.
Most API methods require all or some of the following parameters:
- isv_id: This can be found in the Info area of SLASCONE.
- product_id: This can be found in the Products area of SLASCONE. Select your product and click on the Copy Key icon.
- client_id: Each to be licensed client, needs to generate a unique device id.
- license_key: This is the license key generated from SLASCONE. It consists of n tokens. A license key can be used/activated n times.
- token_key: A license consists of n tokens. A token key can be used/activated only once (one client).
Your provisioning workflow (which means the API functions that need to be called) depends on your product's licensing mode.
WORKING WITH POSTMAN
We strongly recommend the usage of Postman, if available. You can easily start testing the API in Postman
using the following link (you can fork or copy the collection):
Make sure to edit your environment data (baseUrl, isvid etc.) as already explained in the first part of this article.
You are now able to run all relevant API requests such as activation:
The API methods might fail for a number of reasons. SLASCONE provides a comprehensive error handling framework.