SLASCONE is a native Microsoft Azure application. It’s main technical components (Azure resources) are:
- 2 App Services (API & UI)
- An SQL database
RECOMMENDED SIZING & ESTIMATED COST (as of 10/2022, West Europe)
SLASCONE requires the installation of several components as described here.
However, the following resources are responsible for ~80% of the incurred cost:
- App Service Plan (Linux): 2 x P1V3 instances: Monthly cost = ~120€/month with a 3 year reservation
- Database: S2 or S3 database = ~75 - 150€/month
- S2 suffices for most licensing scenarios. If analytics data is gathered on top, the database size might have to be increased.
- App Service Plan (Linux): 1 x B1 instance: Monthly cost = ~15€/month
- Database: S0 database = ~15€/month
This results to a rough estimate of ~280€/month, including PROD and DEV.
If your organization has a SQL database elastic pool or whatever kind of SQL server licenses, these can be used in order to reduce the cost. The same applies for existing app service plans.
One of the biggest advantages of SLASCONE running in Azure, is that you can choose the data geographical location, usually for regulatory, tax or policy reasons.
DATA AND SCALABILITY
SLASCONE’s licensing and analytical data are saved in an Azure SQL database, a very scalable cloud database service, allowing us to handle all kinds of workflows. If the initial database setup is not sufficient, scaling up is possible in a matter of seconds.
Built-in high availability in Azure SQL Database guarantees that the database will never be the single point of failure in our architecture.
SLASCONE uses the Azure Active Directory B2C for identity management. If your organization already uses Azure AD B2C, SLASCONE can/will use your existing one, instead of installing a new one. You can read more about this here.