SLASCONE offers a variety of functions in order to make a migration from an existing system as less painful as possible. Let’s assume you are a software vendor with 1000 customers and licenses. Starting with your next product update (Version 7.0), licensing should run through SLASCONE.
Naturally, you cannot afford to manually enter your existing customer/license data to SLASCONE. In addition to that, you don’t want to send new license codes to your customers upgrading to Version 7.0. So what can you do?
- The SLASCONE API allows you to easily bulk import (and sync) customer and license data.
- When creating (or importing) a license, SLASCONE allows you to specify its legacy (old) key, thus creating a license mapping, e.g.,
- SLASCONE key: 1c7bd779-bf7e-461d-8412-f2ba287d3bc6
- Legacy key: 24204-43534-23453-57856
- When Version 7.0 runs for the first time:
- if it is an upgrade from an earlier version, the product gets activated using the Legacy key
- if it is a new installation, the product gets activated through the SLASCONE Key
- All subsequent calls are based on the SLASCONE key
In this way, SLASCONE facilitates a seamless migration.